According to the Ohio Department of Public Safety official statistics, there were 1,242 deaths from car crashes in Ohio in 2020. This was the highest number in over a decade. As of June 2021, the year to date numbers for are even worse than 2020. In 2020, there were 246,296 crashes reported in Ohio. There are many common causes of car accidents, and often people suffer injuries because of the negligent, reckless, and drunk driving of others. If you are in a crash, you may need a car accident lawyer to protect you and get you fair compensations.
What To Do After Being In A Car Crash
If you’ve been in a car wreck, in addition to calling your car accident lawyer, you should:
- First, get to safety! Then . . .
- Assess your injuries and determine if you need emergency care. If you do, call 911 or get transported to the nearest trauma center or emergency room.
- Notify the local police while still at the scene and complete a police report.
- If possible, identify any witnesses to the automobile accident and get their information and/or witness statements.
- Take pictures of the property damage to the cars at the final positions of the vehicles after the crash.
- Get insurance policy information and contact information from the liable parties.
- Follow up and report all injuries, symptoms and changes to your body to your doctors and other medical providers.
- Call your auto accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Why Every Person Injured In A Car Crash Should Consult With A Car Accident Lawyer
The most important reason is to maximize your benefits. Each car crash and every injury from every car crash is different. Your car accident lawyer can help:
- Prove who is at fault for the crash. If both parties share fault, your car accident lawyer proves the percentages of fault and still gets you a financial recovery if the facts support it.
- Give you legal advice on how to handle your case the best way.
- Explore all of the available insurance coverages and how each applies to your case.
- Resolve any medical bills and try to protect your credit.
- Gather all of the evidence needed to present your insurance claim.
- Use the bad conduct of the other driver to get a better result
- Make sure you know the insurance companies do not work for you and level the playing field with the insurance adjuster.
- Fight to get you financial compensation for your medical expenses, physical injuries, physical pain, emotional distress whether you have minor injuries or severe injuries.
Types Of Motor Vehicle Crashes Your Car Accident Lawyer May Handle
- Car crashes
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrians hit
- Bicyclists hit by cars
Call Today for Your Free Consultation. Your Car Accident Claim and Personal Injury Case is Handled on a Contingent Fee Basis
Michael is an experienced car accident lawyer who offers a free case review. He fights for the best interests of his clients and for maximum compensation for the injured victims. If you’ve been injured by a negligent, reckless, distracted or drunk driver, call ME, Michael Eisner, your car accident lawyer serving all of Ohio. You can email me or call me personally at (216) 905-2200.